Tuesday, January 31, 2012

His Word

When I first came to the Romans VIII Ministries Church I attend in August of 1986 their slogan was and still is; God is God, His Word is True and He loves you.  [I thought, duh, I know that. Truth is I did not know that, at least to the Revelation I have now! Surely because of my upbringing and being made to go to Church (now I hear some say that was manipulation & child abuse!), I had heard about the Good News" and did know something of God's Love but, after all these years still learning more and more. Ephesians 3:17-20]

 This statement of David comes from 2 Samuel 7:28 where, earlier in the chapter, God had made David magnificent promises, one of them being a house for the Lord. Look at Psalm 132 to further get Davids vision and God's response, then 1 Corinthians 3:16 & 6:19 to get established in the fact that God is not speaking of a natural house but He wants to live in us and wants us to live in Him. More foundational Scripture of this is the "True" Lords prayer which can be found in John 17, especially versus 21-23.

This was on my heart this morning and there are so many more Scriptures that go with all this that we can spend eternity discovering them! Sounds pretty cool to me!

Have a great rest of the week and remember: God is God, His Word is true and He Loves YOU!

 

Posted via email from RomansVIII

No comments:

Post a Comment