Saturday, February 11, 2012

An opportunity to learn and give!

I went on Facebook yesterday to check on one of my blogs I had sent out regarding private property rights and noticed a cystic fibrosis logo that caught my eye. It was a post from a young lady I went through school with and it was about her sister in law that worked at Children's Medical in Dallas as a respiratory therapist for the CF kids. Her niece just passed away from CF and another niece is battling the disease in the hospital now. Another family member had also died from CF and they have a family member that, being an artist and losing several members to CF has been drawing logos, etc. to bring awareness to the disease. Small world isn't it!

If anyone does not know about CF or would like to know more, you can click on this link to the cystic fibrosis foundation. Great info and if you have it in your heart, go ahead, click this link and make a donation, $5, $10 or any amount will be appreciated. 

I typically don't send things about CF even though Cara, my daughter died from this in 2008.  Usually my blogs are regarding Cook Children's Hospital and doing promotional things for them. But after reading about Cindy's family and seeing the drawings of the logos, well I just had to post this! 

Have a great weekend!

Steve Young

Posted via email from Steve Young's posts

No comments:

Post a Comment