Sunday, March 31, 2013

From a personal thought...

As I was finalizing my blog regarding "He is Risen", I thought of what is to me a most important Scripture for this day, one that many may not attribute to this Resurrection Sunday. 

It is Philippians 3:7-14. Of course when Paul wrote this he was looking back at the power of not only the Cross of death but also the power of the Resurrection, the ultimate defeat of the "last enemy"...death. 

But verse 8 sums it all up for me, the more important, above all the rest, the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord...when we've made that quality commitment we can then look at the Cross and Resurrection in a different light and begin to see the TOTAL price that was paid for us! Simple, when we draw near to God His promise is He will draw near to us!

1 Corinthian 1:18 For the Word of the Cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved & delivered, it is the Power of God!

 

 

 

Posted via email from RomansVIII

No comments:

Post a Comment